The i1 Display Pro OEM - RevB is factory calibrated using multiple display devices, making the it very accurate in a wide range of display applications.
It utilises a 3 filter design with custom curve shaping for excellent CIE colour matching functions, as well as superior sensitivity, and has been specifically designed for modern display technologies, including direct displays and projectors.
Note: The OEM version of i1 Display Pro is NOT the same as the 'Retail' version, as the OEM version has an extended dynamic range, with a certified Max Luma capability of 2000 nits. The Retail version is certified to 1000 nits.
(The 2000 nits max luma capability was introduced Jan 2017)
FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Contact and non-contact operation
- Large optical detection system
- Thin-film glass filter technology
- Spectral calibration architecture
- Luma Measurement range: 0.1 to 2000 cd/m2
- Luma Accuracy: +/- 4% (@ 100 cd/m2)
- Chroma Accuracy: +/- 0.004 (@ 100 cd/m2)
- Temperature range: 15°C to 35°C
- Supports multiply display sync modes:
Frequency mode - CRT
Period mode - LCD
Flicker mode - BURST (depreciated with introduction of AIO mode)
All In One mode - AIO (combination of Frequency & Period modes)
- Pre-set calibration matrix settings - EDR (Emissive Display Reference) settings
Wide Gamut CCFL
OLED (RGB OLED, not WRGB)
RG Phosphor (GB-LED)
UHP Lamp Projection
- Field upgradeable to support future display technologies
- Integrated tripod mount
- Integrated counterweight, status LEDs, ambient diffuser cover and optics protection
Note: measurement performance data is based on X-Rite's manufacturing standards, equipment, and conditions, and is not guaranteed outside of X-Rite's own environment.
LIGHTSPACE CMS INTEGRATION
As with all probes, the i1 Display Pro OEM operation and function is controlled via the 'Options' menu, accessed via the Calibration Interface, or Display Characterisation windows.
The i1 Display Pro has a range of variables that are directly associated with the probe - including Integration Time, Display Type, and probe Calibration Settings (Matrix pre-sets).
(This obviously ignores settings that are generic, such as Extra Delay Time, Probe Matching, Probe Offset, Luminance Units.)
The options are:
- Integration Time: sets the integration time for any given reading, in seconds.
There is no default setting, as different values will be required depending on the display being profiled, with longer values generating more accurate and stable readings.
- Intelligent Integration: sets the nits level under which Intelligent Integration will be used.
This provides the best possible low-light measurements, without impacting reading speeds at luma levels above the set value.
- Sync Mode: sets the sync mode for the probe, to best match the display refresh/sync operation.
With the first iteration of the i1 Display Pro only Frequency, Period, and BURST are available. With RevB versions of the probe AIO (All In One) mode is the better option for most display types.
- Calibration Settings: using the drop-down menu any pre-set Matrix held with the i1 Display Pro can be selected.
The Matrix presets match the probe to different display technologies - specifically the backlight/illumination spectral response.
If using the Probe Matching function (Active Probe/Display Data) to pre-profile a Tristimulus probe to a Spectro, the same 'preset matrix' should always be used for the Tristimulus probe as was used when the Probe Matching data was generated.
For further information on the additional settings within the 'Options' menu see the Profiling Manual page.